- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
What is Show Geofencing Alerts in FindFriends?
I never understood the real reason to have GeoFencing Alerts from Everyone / Only My Friends in FindFriends app. I personally never used this app but use it everyday between me and my wife. Its amazingly useful app but I really need to know above feature and what it means. I saw help on this within app but doesnt strike me anything.
Can someone help or even better can someone show some api within ios sdk which we can dig into more
- 02-26-2014, 04:13 PM #2
- 02-26-2014, 04:14 PM #3
Re: What is Show Geofencing Alerts in FindFriends?
It may not ever strike you as something worth while...not every feature will be useful to every user, but it is included because enough people requested it. It's essentially sharing your location specifically within your friends list of Find My Friends in the simple way GeoFencing works. I actually read about a cool function with a group that was at Six Flags...they had a group of adults that were responsible for getting this large school group together (30 or so students), and they used this geo-fencing alert function for herding up everyone when it was time to leave the park or go to eat or whatever the activity was, and it worked flawlessly. Because the park is so big, and there are so many different things from section to section, the geo-fencing allowed them to more conveniently group up.
- By gameson in forum iTunesReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2014, 05:51 PM
- By trailracer618 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 02-27-2014, 11:11 AM
- By kataran in forum AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2014, 03:07 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2014, 01:30 PM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum GamingReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2014, 01:09 PM