IPAD 3 - No Power...

I

iMore Question

My friend purchased an IPAD 3 in 2012. Last evening she used it, plugged it in to recharge. Later in the day, she attempted to turn it on and use it...nothing!!!
When she got home, she plugged the IPAD in and still...nothing. Any ideas why all of a sudden the system when out? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Simultaneously press and hold both the power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo, and then release the buttons. If that doesn't get it to turn on, and you're certain the device is fully charged, then make an appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Simultaneously press and hold both the power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo, and then release the buttons. If that doesn't get it to turn on, and you're certain the device is fully charged, then make an appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

Agreed! The same thing happened to my phone awhile back & rebooting it corrected the issue.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To answer your question of why it would do that...there's about a thousand things that can cause it to malfunction, from software glitches to hardware failures. Isolating any number of them is pretty much impossible without a proper diagnosing with the device in hand...something we obviously can do here for ya unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost