Need quick help deciding which macbook to buy!

I

iMore Question

I currently have an HP 2000 Notebook PC and I am not happy with how it performs and I've ALWAYS wanted a MacBook. The thing is, I'm very conflicted on which model to get!
All i really want to do is be able to surf the web and maybe stream music through spotify at the same time without lag. By web surfing i mean websites like tumblr, youtube, facebook and other random news/article site. With my current laptop, youtube videos are always very laggy at the start and being on a facebook/tumblr tab simultaneously seems almost impossible. Im just very anxious that what if i pay the pricey 1000 dollars and im stuck with a laptop that wont meet my simple commands.
Also in terms of the RAM, in my busiest case scenario i would probably just have Chrome, Spotify and a word processor open. Would 4gigs of RAM be good for this?
i know these questions may sound very noob-ish but please help, my money is very limited and ANY help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Macbook Air would be a good choice for you...it'll happily perform the tasks you listed, and based on what you've listed, 4GB of RAM would be sufficient (though it's always good to have more RAM than you need than not enough). You don't need a Macbook Pro, it would simply be overkill for your needs and you'd spend more money than needed.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd recommend a retina MBP (it's all about that screen plus the extra performance). Especially if this is a major purchase for you and it sounds like it is. Your needs are light but you want to enjoy your purchase. For 13", price match at Best Buy to student pricing at Apple (usually a 100 less). Grab a coupon from the student discounts at Best Buy and they'll apply that as well (it's 150 off). That's a good deal. For 15", I'd go refurb route at apple.com.

If you can't do the student thing at Best Buy for some reason, then definitely refurb at apple.com.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR