02-22-2014 10:42 PM
  2. Curt Gentry said: Best Answer

Open your Facebook app on the iPhone.

Click the 3 lines on the bottom right.

Click Settings.

Click Account Settings.

Click Sounds.

UnCheck In-App Sound.

This should fix the annoying volume decrease every time you open Facebook while listening to music.
    I don't know. Does it turn itself down when on a call, listening to music, both, or what? Anyway, do the following:

1. Go to Settings - Music
    2. Locate the "Volume Limit" setting.
    3. If it say "ON", tap on in and then slide the lever all the way to the max position. If it is already set to "OFF", disregard.
    02-23-2014 09:19 AM
    Mine does this too. Seems like it always does it at night. Last night, I double checked both ring volume and regular volume were max. By the time alarm clock went this morning, the regular volume was barely loud enough to wake me up.
    03-06-2015 05:42 AM
    If you have an iPhone 6, it might be accidentally happening when you press the power button. For some reason, Apple put the power button directly opposite the volume rocker. This makes it difficult pressing the power button without having other fingers on your hand gripping the volume buttons. Sounds stupid I know, but I have done it many times without noticing. Hopefully they will move the power button to a slightly different location on their next design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-06-2015 05:49 AM
    Because it cares about your hearing and doesn't want you to get Tinnitus.
    03-06-2015 02:06 PM
    Someone tipped me off that the Facebook App is the cause. Simply double tap the home button, swipe to Facebook and force close the app. Your volume will immediately return to normal. Just did it myself.

Very annoying, but likely not iOS's fault.
    04-17-2015 09:58 AM
    Mine does that sometimes. I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason. But I suspect camera or video use.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-18-2015 08:22 AM
    It happens to me with Facebook notifications and sometimes texts. Is Apple aware of the issue?
    05-21-2015 11:17 AM
    It happens to me with Facebook notifications and sometimes texts. Is Apple aware of the issue?
    I don't know. I'm not having volume-related problems and I haven't read a good deal of threads complaining about the issue. Feel free to submit feedback directly to Apple. You can use the following link.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/
    05-21-2015 12:32 PM
    I know I am late with this but it happened to me and drove me insane. I have now figured it out so thought I'd share. I don't know the explanation of my solution but here goes. If you go to settings, sounds then scroll to the bottom. Turn keyboard clicks off then back on and the volume goes back to normal.
    07-24-2015 04:34 PM
    I know I am late with this but it happened to me and drove me insane. I have now figured it out so thought I'd share. I don't know the explanation of my solution but here goes. If you go to settings, sounds then scroll to the bottom. Turn keyboard clicks off then back on and the volume goes back to normal.
    Be sure it's turned up everywhere. Go to Settings >Sounds >turn up all the way. Also turn it up with the control on the side. Swipe up the control center and make sure that's turned up. Part is that the bottom speaker works independent of the top speaker.
    07-24-2015 05:10 PM
    Thanks, Corey Comer. Volume down on iphone 5 on WWF for no reason. I closed FB, no effect. But when I closed all other apps, sound came right back. Now I have to figure out which one. Very annoying, but glad to know workaround.
    08-01-2015 12:43 PM
    It's the Facebook app. Just double tap the home button and swipe off Facebook and the volume will jump back up
    08-22-2015 08:52 PM
    It's happening to me all the time and it's driving me mad! I don't have the facebook app. I've tried all of the above as well as switching on and off again. I've checked the headphones though my laptop (they have a volume button in the wire) and it's definitely not them. It's doing it now and I don't have any apps open.

going to try to update my IOS. Any more ideas anyone?
    09-18-2015 01:05 PM
    I'm having the same issues with my sound automatically turning down and muting itself. None of the suggestions seem to help.
    09-21-2015 11:02 AM
    This worked immediately for me!
    10-03-2015 09:52 PM
    The Closing of the Facebook app is correct thanks lol it worked immediately I thought my headphones were going out lol
    10-22-2015 09:08 AM
    Open your Facebook app on the iPhone.

Click the 3 lines on the bottom right.

Click Settings.

Click Account Settings.

Click Sounds.

UnCheck In-App Sound.

This should fix the annoying volume decrease every time you open Facebook while listening to music.
    10-27-2015 02:45 PM
    Hitting the power button and power button taking a screen shot did it for me finally. Did the Facebook settings thing but was still happening.
    11-28-2015 12:07 AM
    FIXED, the static popping came from other apps using the microfone, in settings I switched off (one by one) the microphone access for each app and instantly the static popping stopped, turned the mic back on and it came back. The app that caused this was a voip service app. Hope that helps.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-11-2016 10:04 AM
    I don't have Facebook and my 6S keeps doing it. I check before sleep all max and the next day it's off again. I didn't happen as much till I loaded last update to iOS. Considering super gluing stupid volume buttons but am sure that's not the problem. Only an ***** would put the off button opposite the volume!
    08-17-2016 01:54 PM
    If you have an iPhone 6, 7and Plus, you have a 3 Volume buttons: 1 to lower; 1 to raise and 1 to lock Mute.
    Unfortunately my left thumb fits naturally on my 7 Plus, and accidentally lowers my volume to zero. (I type with the right thumb)
    Also Apple put the power button directly opposite the volume rocker. This makes difficult the 6 & 7 to press the power button without having other fingers on the right hand gripping the volume buttons. Apple could have the Volume Mute Lock to also offer to lock the existing chosen Volume (in my case Maximum).
    Because too many times every day my volume goes automatically to zero: thus unable to hear calls and text!! Most annoying and unprofessional.
    10-31-2016 01:37 PM
    You were spot on, facebook effects it. Soon as I swipped it closed, the volume didn't move down.
    Lea
    11-12-2016 06:35 PM
    I have this problem with my iphone 4. The fix is Settings-General-Accessibility-AssistiveTouch-On... This makes a virtual home button. Touch the virtual button then Devices-Mute... for sound the bell should have a line through it. Then touch the bottom of the screen so you can turn AssitiveTouch back off. It only does this every great once in a while but, this is how I fix it. Peace!
    12-10-2016 09:19 PM
    I'm having the same issues with my sound automatically turning down and muting itself. None of the suggestions seem to help.
    I have this problem with my iphone 4. The fix is Settings-General-Accessibility-AssistiveTouch-On... This makes a virtual home button. Touch the virtual button then Devices-Mute... for sound the bell should have a line through it. Then touch the bottom of the screen so you can turn AssitiveTouch back off. It only does this every great once in a while but, this is how I fix it. Peace!
    12-10-2016 09:26 PM