- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Unlocking an Iphone 3g
I bought an Iphone 3g from a friend, the service provider is T mobile, I have Metro PCS. How can I unlock the phone so that I can use it with Metro? Is it something that can be done at my house or do I need to take it somewhere and have them do it?
- 02-21-2014, 09:49 PM #2
Re: Unlocking an Iphone 3g
Well, if I recall correctly, the iPhone 3G was only released on AT&T, so it must be unlocked if it's on T-Mobile.
And, from MetroPCS' website:
Details: MetroPCS does not sell the iPhone and is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Only T-Mobile’s and AT&T’s iPhones, and Verizon’s and Sprint’s iPhone 5 will work on our network. iPhones may have limited functionality, including coverage limitations.
Operate your Unlocked iPhone with the Help of Metro PCS Services
Well, it looks like you can use the 3G on Metro, you'll need a regular SIM card. Be aware though, you might operate at 2G, and at most, 3G speeds.
- By iOS Gravity in forum iPadReplies: 57Last Post: 02-22-2016, 09:43 PM
- By pr1nce in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 15Last Post: 02-24-2014, 10:59 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-21-2014, 05:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-21-2014, 10:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2014, 09:09 AM