problem sending attachments to non apple devices

I

iMore Question

since up grading to IOS 7 only iPad 4 i have had trouble sending attachments to non apple users. The email sends, but without the attachment. when I send it to myself and open it on my iMac, the attachment is there. when I send it to known apple users, the attachment is there. trouble of course is that I don't know who is an apple user. so have to send all attachments through my mac and then forward them on. Then they get the attachment. the double handling is time wasting and risky. It happens on all attachments - pages, documents, pdf and pictures. No upgrades have fixed it. I have checked my servers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What's driving me crazy is the fact that you have proof that the attachments have been sent because you are able to receive them via your Mac when you send them to yourself. Having said that, the problem is likely on the receiving end. It is almost as if your recipients have a security setting of some sort that prevents them from receiving attachments. Are they able to receive attachments from other people? For the record, I have yet to experience anything like this, and I often send attachments via my iPhone & iPad to non-Apple users and they receive them without a problem.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You can send attachments via email. But you have to send though the relevant app. As an example I have the scanner pro app. I take photos of documents and send as PDF, it opens the native email app with the PDF attached. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Last edited:

kjdan

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
They all received the attachments prior to the upgrade of the IOS. They all receive other attachments. I did see another complaint about this, but I dont recall where, and I (wrongly) assumed that such a debilitating gliche would be addressed by Apple quickly. Perhaps a coincidence that this happened at the same time, but i think it unlikely. I never had problems pior to this. I use my iPad A LOT, operating and managing my business from it, and the beauty of it for me has largely been the ability to send attachments there and then from any app that has the facility.

kjdan

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I always send it through the app - pages, noteshelf, scanners.... It worked in the past, and it still works for some addresses

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox