Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iphone5 voicemail alert

I'm a contractor and work in noisy conditions so it is difficult to know when a call comes in. This is the first cell phone I've had that does not give repeated alerts when there is a received call or voice mail. A text will ding all day until I do something, but not incoming call or voice mail. For example, if I don't hear the initial call or voice mail alert, then I have no way of knowing that a call even came in unless I physically remove the phone from my pocket and check the screen. Some may say, so what? Well, for me it's a big deal. If my phone is laying on my desk and receives a call while I go outside to do something, upon return if I do not physically go and check the phone I basically miss the call and often that means I miss a customer which translates into lost income. I talked to Verizon and Apple about it and they basically told me there was nothing I could do about it as that is how the phone is engineered. Am I missing something here? Is there possibly an app that will fix this problem for me?
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Deke from Michigan

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Default Re: iphone5 voicemail alert

Unfortunately there is not much you'll be able to do aside from assigning a louder alert for your voicemails...you can even make custom alerts for it but as far as the frequency of the alert itself, as far as I know there is no customization of such.

Default Re: iphone5 voicemail alert

When you have in your pocket a different vibrate selection can do wonders like the Rapid or Heartbeat instead of the default I found it to help a lot

Hope this helps

Go to Settings>Sounds>Ringtone then scroll up to the top and change the Vibrate Selection

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB