Group Text

I

iMore Question

One of the things I still miss from my blackberry days years ago, is the ability to have options and ease when it comes to group texting. With BB, I could set up and save a group, and then send a text to that group, and decide whether I wanted to allow reply all or not. With iPhone, I can set up a group and then do jack squat with it. Sure, I can enter them all in once and then go back and find that message if I want to send another one, but that is a pain. I'm currently using the app "Groups" to handle my groups and texting, but I still don't have the option of reply or not without first going into Settings and changing the group text settings.

It has been a while since I've researched this, so my question is, are there any new solutions to this? I'm not only interested in an iOS solution, but also would like to know if any other OS has this capability.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I could list the things I'm not happy with on other OS's all day, but I'll refrain...to answer your question, no, there is not a more in depth group messaging function on the iPhone (natively) representative of what you are trying to achieve. Unfortunately there is not a device that does every function perfectly...and if there was, everyone would own it.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Sadly there aren't any new solutions to this. It's easier to manage group text using apps like GroupMe or BBM.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73