Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default I'm about to order a mac mini for app development, have on more ? before purchase.

I have one more question before I make my purchase of the mac mini. There's two that are the same thing except for the one difference, the processor . One is an "Intel core solo" the other is an "Intel core 2 duo." Can I still build the app with the "Intel core solo" or do I need the "Intel core 2 duo?" I asked a question yesterday so I know both have everything else needed to develop apps. I just don't know about the cores.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    5,304 Global Posts

Default Re: I'm about to order a mac mini for app development, have on more ? before purchase.

I would advise against using a computer that old for development. A core solo Mac mini would be 8 years old now, and likely won't support most of the current development tools.
    Nathaniel Cooke likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: I'm about to order a mac mini for app development, have on more ? before purchase.

I will go with your advice then and get the "Intel core 2 duo," thanks for the guidance.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

You want one that is capable of running OSX Lion at the least. You can probably get away with Snow Leopard and upgrade it to Mavericks.
    Per Apple's website, to run Mavericks you need a Mac mini produced in early 2009 or newer. I would not go with a Mac older than that.
    Nathaniel Cooke likes this.