Ive been trying to use iCloud in iTunes without success
I've been trying for days to use icloud in Itunes. When I try, it automatically backs up to computer. iF I use the back up button on Iphone 4s it will back up to cloud. I have reset my iphone and reformatted my computer and still it's a no-go. Please help,
- 02-20-2014, 10:06 AM #2
- 02-20-2014, 10:08 AM #3
re: Ive been trying to use iCloud in iTunes without success
What do you mean you're trying to "use iCloud in iTunes"? I'm not understanding the rationale for resetting your iPhone and reformatting your computer's hard drive, at least not in this regard. Please explain precisely what you're trying to do so that we can better be of assistance.
- 02-20-2014, 10:16 AM #4
Re: Ive been trying to use iCloud in iTunes without success
Backing up in iTunes and backing up in iCloud are two very different processes...essentially, your computer and iPhone are doing the back up properly if it is in iTunes and is backing up directly to your computer, as iCloud is only used for a backup directly from the iPhone itself (which is why the controls are also on the iPhone itself).
If you open iTunes, you will see a prompt of options for backups...automatic backups give you the option for iCloud or the computer (and these are done in an automated way so that you don't have to bother "remembering" to do them)...or you can manually back up your device in iTunes, which does so onto your computer (with no option for iCloud).
- By spectrum_softtech in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 02-24-2014, 06:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-20-2014, 09:30 AM
- By blessed2bamommie in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-20-2014, 02:54 AM
- By fightcrazy in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-20-2014, 12:16 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-19-2014, 07:54 PM