Ive been trying to use iCloud in iTunes without success

I

iMore Question

I've been trying for days to use icloud in Itunes. When I try, it automatically backs up to computer. iF I use the back up button on Iphone 4s it will back up to cloud. I have reset my iphone and reformatted my computer and still it's a no-go. Please help,
Dan

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am not quite sure what you are really trying to convey here? Can you explain it a bit more if you don't mind?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean you're trying to "use iCloud in iTunes"? I'm not understanding the rationale for resetting your iPhone and reformatting your computer's hard drive, at least not in this regard. Please explain precisely what you're trying to do so that we can better be of assistance.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Backing up in iTunes and backing up in iCloud are two very different processes...essentially, your computer and iPhone are doing the back up properly if it is in iTunes and is backing up directly to your computer, as iCloud is only used for a backup directly from the iPhone itself (which is why the controls are also on the iPhone itself).

If you open iTunes, you will see a prompt of options for backups...automatic backups give you the option for iCloud or the computer (and these are done in an automated way so that you don't have to bother "remembering" to do them)...or you can manually back up your device in iTunes, which does so onto your computer (with no option for iCloud).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox