I plan to dip my beak into iOS app development

I

iMore Question

I plan to start learning app development this month. I don't have much money to spend on a mac at all, so I'm trying to get just a starter computer. I'm looking at the mac mini's there's some fair priced one's on eBay. I was told that the mac mini has to have at least 2GB-ram or more + HD 80 GB. I want to know how much it will cost to get the iOS app development software on there, which would be xcode and the version(s) of Mac os x?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand you are new to this and you are asking the right questions so assuming you do jump in, Remember once you find out everything on the Apple end and create your first app and get approval, You might like to read the App and Developer Rules & Guidelineshttp://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/766-app-developer-forum-rules-guidelines.htmlhttp://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/766-app-developer-forum-rules-guidelines.html so that when you are ready to introduce it to us, You know what you have to do here as well. Good luck to you and your future ventures!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
We all have to start somewhere; this is a great question that can help a lot of other people who want to develop an app but don't know where to start. Karenkcoulter hit it right on the head with that response.

Are you looking specifically for 2gb ram & 80gb HD? Brand new models start at $599 with 4 GB ram and 500 GB HD, so I can only imagine the great prices on eBay.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've read a load of articles on the web, and they all said that to develop apps. I would need at least 2GB ram. I'm getting the the 80GB HD because an article said that the whole apple development package will take up about 20GB. So when I download Blender 3D software and Gimp 2D software on top of that I need 80 GB, I cant really afford to go over that at this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2