I jailbroke my device and now it won't fully turn on or off

I

iMore Question

i have iphone5 (locked to AT&T) and i tried to buy online unlocking - paid for it. downloaded evasion 7 and connected my phone and now it wont turn on all the way or turn off all the way. I did hold both power and main screen button simultaneously and now phone is off... what shall i do next to make it work

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You seem to be addressing two different things here...

- You bought an online unlock. Are we to understand that this worked properly?
- You jailbroke your device and said it won't turn off or on fully...you should probably try to jailbreak the device again. If it is still having this issue, you will want to do a full restore and backup the device from iCloud (hopefully you have that already done).

Ami Thakkar

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
yes i bought online software to unlock it. I am not able to jailbreak again. everytime i try to turn on it brings the apple logo and does nothing. when i try and connect to laptop it does not detect. please help

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You will need to restore the device...just FYI, when you restore the device, you run the chance of losing your unlocked status. It doesn't happen every time, especially if the device has been unlocked for a period of time...but if the device was never fully activated as unlocked, you may lose it.

Ami Thakkar

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
this is going to be most silly question you have heard..but how do i restore the device? i am sorry i have never done it and dont know how to..i m not sure bt is it through itunes?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you will want to do it through iTunes. You will see a tab that says "Restore iPhone" under the iOS version information.

Do you have a current back up of the device to use? Is it located physically on your computer or did you use iCloud?

Ami Thakkar

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
ok..thank god... i just removed my thumb...
yes restoring with itunes..
only with ur help i got here..thank you so much..but pls do not go till its done if you can stay

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Once the device is restored, and your unlock service is hopefully still in place...you can try jailbreaking the device again if you so choose.

Just a word of caution...the most recent jailbreak is still, in my opinion, a bit unpolished and buggy...unless there is a necessity for you to jailbreak the device, I would advise using it in a native state until further updates come along. Again, just my thought on it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
ok so now... i have phone on... it says sim not valid..so i believe its not unlocked...
can u pls suggest what to do next...please

To be honest, if it restored but simply says SIM not valid, you probably lost your unlock and will need to do it again. You can try contacting the unlock service you used to see if they will assist you with that...there's nothing we can do to help you with that at all.