iCloud Font Looks Terrible

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I thought Apple was all about being aesthetically pleasing. The font through iCloud.com looks terrible, coming from Apple.

iCloud.jpg

This almost reminds of the time when the days of the week were not centered within the Calendar App. Look at the "r" and "t". Has anyone else noticed this? i am not an iOS 7 user, but does it look the same in iOS 7 as well?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to say you might be hyper critical because I cannot see anything wrong with the font or wording...Sorry!

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have to say you might be hyper critical because I cannot see anything wrong with the font or wording...Sorry!

LOL, well that is definitely true, but on most font styles, all letters align at some point. In my photo above, in the "Words", you can see the "r" looks out of place.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the question here? Do you want to change the font?

Edit: What browser are you using? Mine looks fine:

pic.png

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
LOL, well that is definitely true, but on most font styles, all letters align at some point. In my photo above, in the "Words", you can see the "r" looks out of place.
I really hate repeating myself but I am looking at what you are talking about and it can't get any more perfect and I don't care where you are looking at from. You are going to have to live with it.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the question here? Do you want to change the font?

Edit: What browser are you using? Mine looks fine:

View attachment 49549

That photo is from FireFox 27. IE 11 looks a little better, but some letters at still out of alignment. Chrome is the same as IE 11.

This is all on a windows 7 box, so I guess this might not be an Apple issue after all, but a browser issue.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I really hate repeating myself but I am looking at what you are talking about and it can't get any more perfect and I don't care where you are looking at from. You are going to have to live with it.

Can't get anymore "perfect"???

This really wasn't a huge issue, I was simply stating something I noticed and wanted to see if others noticed it too.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That photo is from FireFox 27. IE 11 looks a little better, but some letters at still out of alignment. Chrome is the same as IE 11.

This is all on a windows 7 box, so I guess this might not be an Apple issue after all, but a browser issue.

I would say that is exactly it. I still see nothing but I don't have to worry about it. Best of luck and maybe you can find a more pleasing font for your browser.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
thanks for that. The photo from before was on a Dell desktop. I am at home now on a Sony Vaio laptop and IE 11, Chrome, and Firefox 27 all look the same as my original photo. So 2 different computers with different graphic cards and still the same outcome. All 3 browsers are stock settings on both machines.

So... I am curious to know why I am the only one so far to notice this. Could it be a browser issue? SURE, but all others who use stock settings with browsers would have to notice this as well.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
LOL. I have a solution. Do something else and forget all about it. If you can't, send feedback to Apple and tell them about the issue.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Karen I know it won't do any good...LOL but finally another OK it looks fine to me answer. Maybe this will put it to rest.

Jag, do you have a problem??? This is a community forum correct??? You know, where people come to ask questions and get answers. Because it "looks good" to you, means all is fine across the world? You can see from my screenshot that it does in fact not "look good" or normal.

I posted to find if others are seeing this as well and to find out if it is iCloud or 3 different browsers on 2 completely different machines. My Vaio has an HD display.

If you don't want to help, please feel free to unsubscribe from this thread.

All others, I appreciate your help and not trying to shut me up.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I could see what he was talking about in his screenshot though. My guess is it's just how the don't renders on his monitor compared to my retina MBP. If I think about it I'll check my windows PC at work tomorrow.

Made it to 55 today and tonight is the first night in a long while it's not supposed to drop below freezing. But there was a half inch of snow on the car this morning. Crazy!
Well at least the weather is getting there. I don't think I should say it was 78 today and shorts and t-sahit to work. Oh did I say that out loud. I was just thinking it...LOL:) Hope you have good weather tomorrow. Is it worse or better in the Alexandria/Annandale area or where you are?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Jag, do you have a problem??? This is a community forum correct??? You know, where people come to ask questions and get answers. Because it "looks good" to you, means all is fine across the world? You can see from my screenshot that it does in fact not "look good" or normal.

I posted to find if others are seeing this as well and to find out if it is iCloud or 3 different browsers on 2 completely different machines. My Vaio has an HD display.

If you don't want to help, please feel free to unsubscribe from this thread.

All others, I appreciate your help and not trying to shut me up.

No I don't. I think that this has been going on all day long and you have felt you have finally been rubbed the wrong way because of my comments and not really knowing me. I at times like to try and get a rise from someone and It is harmless fun but not knowing me, You would not know that. I am harmless, mean nothing by it and if you feel there is something wrong that ids why I mentioned about so many different computers, browsers and fonts. i think you might be a little sensitive but I can't blame you when you want an answer so I can be big enough to say to you, Get to know me better and if you feel like you are owed an apology i have no problem in telling you that I am sorry you took my comments wrong. I have never said anything deragatory or mean spirited towards you and suppose i just think it was funny that this went on all day. That is my burden and i wish you well in trying to figure out a solution that goes well with you. :)

PS the last thing i will ever do it tell you or try to shut you up, No matter what the conversation is, talk is talk and better than trying to censor someone which is the last thing I would ever try to do to you.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Did my screenshots look ok to you? Like I said if I think about it tomorrow I'll see what it looks like on my Windows PC at work.

Thanks, they look like font should. Still curious as to why I see fonts the way I do on 2 completely different spec machines.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal