Can I disable notifications over bluetooth like on Android?
I've moved over iOS from Android a couple of months ago and there is one aspect of the OS that really irks me (unless I'm missing an obvious setting).
When pairing a bluetooth device (in this case my car's built-in handsfree) over Android you can choose to allow phone calls and media separately, meaning I could receive call notifications but messages and other tones would not interrupt music.
However, on iOS, there doesn't appear to be any internal distinction between calls or other noticiations/tones (including keyboard, lock sounds etc), meaning that I have to have the phone on silent when in the car otherwise music is constantly interrupted.
Am I missing something here - like an obvious setting - or is this just a limitation of the OS?
- 02-14-2014, 08:15 AM #2
Re: Can I disable notifications over bluetooth like on Android?
Everything I have read on seperate bluetooth like Jabra including the built in to the car like mine, This is how it works so just silent you phone and your issue will be gone. Maybe not what you want to do but unless there is even something I am missing, That is it.
- 02-14-2014, 08:28 AM #3
- By Fishfam4 in forum iPhoneReplies: 22Last Post: 02-15-2014, 10:57 PM
- By Speedygi in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 02-15-2014, 01:17 PM
- By wotcherself in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-14-2014, 01:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-13-2014, 08:11 PM
- By Massie in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2014, 06:17 PM