Recently damaged 1year and 2week old ipad 4th generation with retina display for Xmas gift 2012

I

iMore Question

Greetings,
So glad to come across your business. I know I may inquire from Apple straight re repair or a very much hoping beyond hopes wishful thinking replacement to my ipad that I received January 19,2012 for Christmas from family. Reason why I need to state even the latter is because when it was given to me, of course brand new in a box with what it comes with in regards to it's functionality. It too came with just the booklet and we all know manuals are just uploaded from Apple. I know it comes with it's 1year warranty but then I was never given it's Apple Care Agreement so I don't have my number for it. So now I can't even have my device replaced? Help.... It really isn't a nice feeling to feel set not for care but for damage.

Sincerely,
Katrina Angelica Escalante Cummings (Montenegro)

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
AppleCare should be registered to the device itself, so you won't need the papers that came with it. If you have an Apple store in your area, you can take the iPad there and they can look it up for you. You can also find the serial number yourself on the back of your iPad (instructions: iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number) and check your support status on Apple's website here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage

AppleCare+ will cover some accidental damage, but the standard Apple warranty will not. They will be able to repair your iPad regardless, but there may be a cost associated with it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you received the device in 2012, it is well beyond the regular factory warranty...you would have had to buy the Apple Care + program for it, and you would have received literature separately from the iPad on the new Apple Care warranty. You don't really need paper work though, if it was covered for an extended time with Apple Care +, it is in their system and would be reflective of that when it was brought in for service.

Again though, if you're asking about the factory warranty...you're way outside of that (by over a year).