I want to setup an iCloud acct, but don't want to notify recipients.

I

iMore Question

i've been using outlook for email for years. considering setting up an icloud email address but notifying every individual and business makes me wonder if it is worth it. any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You have several choices. 1. Change your email account to iCloud and notify the people you email of the change.
2. Change to iCloud and don't alert your recipients to the change.

3. Stick with what you have.

Personally, I've never understood how sending a message telling those you email to be advised of your new email address is so difficult or an inconvenience. We'll take the time to filter our SPAM, and we'll make a change in our contact list if a friend or an associate alerts us to an email change, but for some reason, it's an inconvenience to alert others of your email address change.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can setup iCloud and just forward your email addresses to iCloud. Then tell your contacts slowly. I've been thinking to stop using my GMail for years I'm just lazy.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Just set up everything to forward to iCloud and you'll gradually get everyone to convert. Or if they don't then you'll still get the forwarded messages.

This is what I did. My Verizon is forwarded to my iCloud and my default address is the iCloud address. When someone sends me an email or replies to one, it goes to my iCloud without anyone having to do anything extra.

jbg7474

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Also, if you have your email address in Facebook, and you change it there, many people will get the update automatically.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I transitioned over to iCloud from gmail as well. With the forward of my emails to iCloud it did make it a whole lot easier. So I only had to contact a few people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices