Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 1 Post By Jaguarr40
  • 1 Post By pr1nce
  • 1 Post By Elizabeth2
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

4 Posts

Default CANNOT get Email???

This started Friday...went to check my email and a window pops and says, "Connection to server failed". I rebooted my iPad2 thing this might solve the problem...nope...today's Saturday and I still cannot get my emails....Any suggestions?

Default Re: CANNOT get Email???

It's probably a problem with your email provider and not necessarily the iPad 2. Still, you can try rebooting the cable/DSL modem (if applicable), and the Wi-Fi router to see if you can connect to your email provider. You can also go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings".
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Welcome and yes of course. Please delete your email acct and reboot your iPad to clear anything that might be hanging up and then re add the email acct. This should resolve your issue.
    Elizabeth2 likes this.

Try what D and Jag suggested. I recently experienced the same thing with one of my email accounts. I deleted the account and reset network settings and everything was fine. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    iMore Genius

4,225 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,209 Global Posts

Don't gasp in horror on the suggestion of deleting your email account... your emails will all still be there when you set it back up again...
    I know this may sound silly to add to the perfect responses the original poster received in the above posts. I realize just how important our emails are and the thought of deleting an account may send you trembling in terror...but the above advice wont deleted any of you current emails
    Jaguarr40 likes this.