In iOS 7, I cannot see the contact's photo when dialing or talking.

I

iMore Question

Ever since I updated my phone and I have a 4s whenever I call someone I used to be able to see their picture while dialing/speaking with them, now that doesn't happen. Is that something new with iOS7 or should my phone be doing so? I looked at my mother's iphone 4 and she had the picture show up while dialing, so i'm just curious what's going on.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Go into your contacts app under that persons contact and see if for some reason their picture is not there. If that is the case simply click on it and re add the photo, click done and you are back in business. If for any reason it is there, Delete the contact and add everything fresh again after rebooting your phone to purge anything old.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In iOS 7, depending on the size of the contact photo, the photo will blur while dialing and talking. That is normal and is by design.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
OH now the way I read it and OP please correct me if wrong but it sounded as if you could not see anything? If you can and it is blurred then that is normal with IOS 7.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OH now the way I read it and OP please correct me if wrong but it sounded as if you could not see anything? If you can and it is blurred then that is normal with IOS 7.

You could very well be right. In either case, we will try our best to help him or her correct the problem, right?…:)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Since people asking the question might not be able to post screenshots one of you guys post a screenshot of what it looks like. I would do it but I don't have one just yet. If someone doesn't post I will later.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
IMO I think when the OP reads our advise he will understaand what we mean both ways. I don't think a screen shot is needed but if you would like to, Please do so.:)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm a visual learner and sometimes it's easier for some to visualize with an example. Here's what my call screen looks like

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1391875083.520260.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unlike the previous screenshot, my middle son's photo is full screen but is blurred during the dialing process and remains blurred while in a conversation with him.

Photo Feb 08, 11 14 06 AM.png

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Unlike the previous screenshot, my middle son's photo is full screen but is blurred during the dialing process and remains blurred while in a conversation with him.

View attachment 48492
Mine has been this way since the beginning but I will let it go at whichever way you all decide and hope the OP gets our intention to assist him in the proper manner. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods