Best carrier to ship an iPhone?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering the best way to ship my iPhone across the country. I sold my phone on Swappa and I'll be shipping it today. I was just curious on who to ship it with, usps, ups or fedex? I know usps is the cheapest so I just wanted to get your thoughts. I really don't want to spend $30 $40 to ship an iPhone across the country.

Thanks.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I use UPS always... insurance and tracking.... I know others do the same but I had bad results with them.... Hope it works out for you and good luck.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You can ship an iPhone with the specialized smart phone shipping container and tracking through UPS for around $12 ($15 with insurance). It's worth it to me! I like to watch stuff be delivered via tracking # so there's no muss and no fuss with the receiver.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
What ever carrier you decide make sure you opt for the added insurance and a delivery confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Everyone good advice...Just make sure of the delivery confirmation...In other words - Make them have to sign for it - An adult!

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I just went with fedex. The total came to $29.33.

I believe the $18.64 includes the shipping rate, the direct signature and the insurance.

The $9.99 I believe was for the box and packing material they used.

3unasuqa.jpg

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
But man with Swappa taking a cut for themselves and paypal taking a cut and then shipping across the country I only pocketed around $400 for the 5c.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Fedex only had the direct signature option, I didn't see any option that required someone over 21 to sign for it.
I know you can designate that with UPS and USPS but you did the most important of all and asked for signature to be required and insurance. You did good. No worries.:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
But man with Swappa taking a cut for themselves and paypal taking a cut and then shipping across the country I only pocketed around $400 for the 5c.
LOL it is a shame but everybody has to get a piece of the pie. As long as you are happy that is what counts.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
LOL it is a shame but everybody has to get a piece of the pie. As long as you are happy that is what counts.

I could of put the 5c on craigslist but it could of took weeks to sell the 5c so I chose Swappa. The 5c retails for $549 so I was hoping to get $500 since mine was never used it was a day old. Anyways I was offered $450 so I took that. With all the fees I got $400. Not bad I guess since I only paid $50 for it. Now I gotta try and sell this Moto X lol. That's going to be hard.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I could of put the 5c on craigslist but it could of took weeks to sell the 5c so I chose Swappa. The 5c retails for $549 so I was hoping to get $500 since mine was never used it was a day old. Anyways I was offered $450 so I took that. With all the fees I got $400. Not bad I guess since I only paid $50 for it. Now I gotta try and sell this Moto X lol. That's going to be hard.
Well good for you. You made a very good profit and you did the right thing and being a day old and you paid $50.00 for it, I won't even ask...LOL Best of luck and now you can move on with your profit. Make sure you stay in the loop here and keep posting.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
$30 to ship the iPhone is ridiculous. FedEx just had their way with you...

What should of it had been then? I shipped a phone from Pittsburgh to Seattle. I also added numerous features.
- direct signature
- declared value
- materials

The declared value is around $8 alone. I checked UPS too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner