iPad mini troubles: Apps are crashing and not appearing on the home screen, etc.

I

iMore Question

I have had my iPad mini for a little over a year, but recently I have had various problems with apps.

First, I noticed a crashing. It has grown progressively worse across multiple apps. These apps I have had for a while. I recently had a crash on Facebook, a fairly low demand app.

Also recently, all apps I have downloaded in the past month do not appear on the screen nor will they open from the app store's open function. Yet the store shows that I have downloaded them.

My apps are updated, IOS has already been updated, and I have had no problems until now.

I was told to try restoring it but I would like to get another opinion.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had my iPad mini for a little over a year, but recently I have had various problems with apps.

First, I noticed a crashing. It has grown progressively worse across multiple apps. These apps I have had for a while. I recently had a crash on Facebook, a fairly low demand app.

Also recently, all apps I have downloaded in the past month do not appear on the screen nor will they open from the app store's open function. Yet the store shows that I have downloaded them.

My apps are updated, IOS has already been updated, and I have had no problems until now.

I was told to try restoring it but I would like to get another opinion.

I’d recommend restoring, as well... something has gotten wonky internally...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Restoring is simple and you will not lose anything if you need help we are here to guide you thru it

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a few weeks ago and the only fix was to restore. My backup worked perfectly and I haven't had any issues since.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Before you restore make screenshots of your home screens. Hook up to iTunes and go to the apps tab and uncheck sync apps. Perform a sync to remove all apps from the device. Reboot and then sync back just one app. Open the app and see if it crashes. If it doesn't reboot and install all your other apps. If it does then do a restore.

If you don't sync your apps by iTunes then it will be easier to restore.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73