How to backup and restore iTunes on Windows 7
My Windows 7 computer needs to be reformatted and re-loaded. My wife has all of her music stored on this computer.
I know how to backup all of the music files, and I can get them back on the computer. But! I remember from past experiences that when I do this, the iPad and iPod think it is connecting to a new library and wants to reset as if I just got the device.
Is there a way to do a backup and restore and have her iPad not reset when she plugges it into the computer?
Thanks for any help.
If it helps she has an iPad version 1
- 02-04-2014, 07:47 AM #2
Re: How to backup and restore iTunes on Windows 7
If i am not mistaken when the devices detect a new drive and that computer is not authorized yet with iTunes, What you are discribing is how it works. The rest you said you know. You might want to go to Apple.com and read up on this procedure in the support section just to make sure. Good luck.
- 02-04-2014, 08:25 AM #4
- By pranjaldixit in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 11Last Post: 02-04-2014, 07:20 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2014, 08:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-04-2014, 08:37 AM
- By meashishnd in forum Apple MacBooksReplies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2014, 08:27 AM
- By serglb in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2014, 02:32 AM