Best USA Carrier?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No need for that as Verizon & Sprint use CDMA in the US... AT&T & T-Mobile don't...

I stand corrected... There is two A1533 models in North America... One is GSM without CDMA EV-DO support (AT&T, t-mobile, all Canadian carriers) and the other is the GSM with CDMA EV-DO (Verizon & sprint) but both share the same model number and both support the same LTE bands... I wonder why...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. I'll be going with AT&T when I arrive there.from my previous experience when I went to check out my school and picked up AT&T with my rogers sim and had steady 4-5 bars so it's good service there and like there plans.

Thanks for your help guys.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I would say to also see how your signal is where you are staying/living cause at the school you might get 4-5 bars but where you live you might get 1-2 bars. I would say try both AT&T and T-Mobile for a month and see which one works best for you.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. I'll try that.. But I had strong signal with AT&T when I landed had 4-5 most of the time with my Rogers Sim. It did go to T-Mobile sometimes in some areas as well tho.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Best really depends on reception which varies by location.

For value, nothing beats tmobile. When I head down to the states I always use my tmobile SIM card. They give them for free in usa, crazy I know ! That's unheard of in Canada. Well, it's free as long as you activate a plan. I usually use one of the prepaid plans which I can change at anytime on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
As others have said: best is relative. Sounds like since you already have a phone T-Mobile or AT&T is the best option. I know T-Mobile recently changed their international policy so you will want to check that out and factor that into your decision. Here is a link to the info on T-Mobile's new international policy.

As others have said: test drive both and see what works best. T-Mobile provides great bang for the buck, especially if it works well in your area(which it looks like it would work very well in Boston judging from coverage maps).

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Best really depends on reception which varies by location.

For value, nothing beats tmobile. When I head down to the states I always use my tmobile SIM card. They give them for free in usa, crazy I know ! That's unheard of in Canada. Well, it's free as long as you activate a plan. I usually use one of the prepaid plans which I can change at anytime on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

I've never used a US sim when I went down. Reason for it is because i wanted the same #. Rogers has better plans now for USA as I see. If u don't buy a plan or anything I would just keep data off.. Receiving text messages are free so there wouldn't be any charges for me. Back on the question I asked I will try both out and see what's best coverage for me. I'm more leaning towards AT&T due to the strong reception I had last time.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I'll be moving to USA for 4 years for school.. My friends have told me to go with AT&T or T-Mobile. They also told me regarding roaming outside USA when I visit my family in Canada again I won't be charged for incoming text messages and keep Data Off and I'll get 0 charges. They told me that Verizon on the other hand charges 0.05 for text messages which I don't like..
Keeping my Rogers SIM card will be more expensive as they do have a monthly plan of $40 but that will be too much money on top of my plan I use in Canada every month. If I was staying for only 1-4 months then I would not change. please let me know your opinions thanks.

Just buy a Verizon 5S. Verizon has the best coverage on the east coast, and when you are done, you can just pop in your rogers SIM. According to user submitted studies, you can get pretty good gsm coverage on a Verizon 5S. So when you visit, just pop in a canadian sim, and you're good to go

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just buy a Verizon 5S. Verizon has the best coverage on the east coast, and when you are done, you can just pop in your rogers SIM. According to user submitted studies, you can get pretty good gsm coverage on a Verizon 5S. So when you visit, just pop in a canadian sim, and you're good to go

Ok thanks for the info. I'm just going to Unlock my Iphone through Rogers and sign up with AT&T. As when i went down there with my Canadian sim I got very good coverage with AT&T.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2