OK, I have an iPad that I bought on the internet. It requires a passcode to log on, obviously I have no idea what it is and no help from the seller (thinking it may have been stolen). Anyway, all the reset procedures require me to connect it to the computer where it was synced, but I have never synced it! Help, I just want to wipe and start anew. Any suggestions?
    01-30-2014 10:24 AM
    OK, I have an iPad that I bought on the internet. It requires a passcode to log on, obviously I have no idea what it is and no help from the seller (thinking it may have been stolen). Anyway, all the reset procedures require me to connect it to the computer where it was synced, but I have never synced it! Help, I just want to wipe and start anew. Any suggestions?
    Sorry, but there is nothing we can do for you. If the device does not have the activation lock enabled, you could put the device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, and then select to restore it via iTunes. If activation lock has been enabled, you still will NOT be able to use the device.
    01-30-2014 10:30 AM
    I suggest you contact whatever seller and let them know you bought a iPad that is stolen or that doesn't work; eBay, Amazon or whatever it is that you used. If you paid through PayPal or your bank open a case.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-30-2014 10:58 AM
    Since you have indicated that you have had no luck or help from the seller indicates to me something shady is going on and in that case as already stated if he sold it from a site I would contact them and report it and as told, File a case with your Credit Card or. or Paypal.
    01-30-2014 11:17 AM
    Looks like you bought stolen goods, sorry my friend, nothing anyone can do for you
    01-30-2014 12:43 PM
    I suggest you contact whatever seller and let them know you bought a iPad that is stolen or that doesn't work; eBay, Amazon or whatever it is that you used. If you paid through PayPal or your bank open a case.

Since you have indicated that you have had no luck or help from the seller indicates to me something shady is going on and in that case as already stated if he sold it from a site I would contact them and report it and as told, File a case with your Credit Card or. or Paypal.
    I agree with you both. OP, don't let this go...make sure you report this. It might be time consuming but its well with it.
    01-30-2014 08:25 PM
    You're going need to contact the seller. Sorry you have to go thru this.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-30-2014 08:31 PM
    You're going need to contact the seller. Sorry you have to go thru this.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    This stuff sucks and it makes it hard for those of us who are trying to do clean sells.

pr1nce, nikkisharif and taz323 like this.
    01-30-2014 09:19 PM
    Simple solution: don't buy stolen stuff. If the deal looks too good to be true, then it probably is.
    02-04-2014 07:02 PM