iTunes sync issue after reformatting my hard drive
recently i formated my hard drive which had my itunes on it. now when i try to sync to itunes it wants to erase all my data and start from scratch. i have too much stuff on there that i don't want to loose. is there any way to sync to itunes without loosing all my stuff? i have iphone 4s if that helps... and thanks for any help
- 01-25-2014, 11:34 PM #2
Since you formatted your disk now it doesn't recognize it, and takes it as a "new" computer. You can still back up and authorize your computer again so it can transfer your purchases and settings, that way you won't lose your info.
To do that, just plug your iPhone, open iTunes in your computer, right click on the iPhone when listed and choose "back up" and or "transfer purchases".
As for the music...well, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), you can't sync your music (the one you didn't buy from iTunes Store) back from your iPhone to iTunes, you'll need a 3rd party program to do that.
- By InTheRed in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 5Last Post: 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM
- By metllicamilitia in forum MacBook ProReplies: 7Last Post: 01-26-2014, 01:56 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2014, 12:03 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2014, 08:39 AM
- By accactg in forum iPad AirReplies: 1Last Post: 01-25-2014, 09:54 PM