I need help with my iphone 5!

TMarie1220

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have an AT&T iPhone 5. I am using a straight talk sim, and have the phone on and working for the most part. My question is, how do I get my data and picture messaging to work? I had an iPhone 4 previously and everything worked perfectly after the iOS 7 update and it switched to TFW. I am not very tech smart, so any help will be helpful! :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You need to search online for setting the iPhone's APN to straight talk...from what I understand, with these services like straight talk, the iPhone is automatically assigning the APN to the AT&T network and not to the straight talk (or like network) settings. Not sure how you do this, but from what I remember, this is an important step to use the data function on the iPhone 5 (because of LTE).

MMS is directly related to the data network being functional, so this is why you can't send MMS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I have an AT&T iPhone 5. I am using a straight talk sim, and have the phone on and working for the most part. My question is, how do I get my data and picture messaging to work? I had an iPhone 4 previously and everything worked perfectly after the iOS 7 update and it switched to TFW. I am not very tech smart, so any help will be helpful! :)

First of all, what is TFW? Second, unless you don't have a data plan of some sort, you should be able to go Settings-Cellular and then enable "Cellular Data".

After that, go to Settings-Messages and then turn on "MMS Messaging".

That should solve your dilemma unless it's something that needs the attention of your cellular provider.

southside russell

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
a sim swap worked for me so hat i could input the proper apn settings for my girlfriends iphone 5 and then 5s on ios 7.0.4
using a tmo sim card if u are not sure how to do the sim swap there are many youtube videos for this bu the apn settings are as listed below:

apn:tfdata
user:
pass:

mms apn: tfdata
user:
pass:
mmsc:http://mms-tf.net
mmsproxy:mms3.tracfone.com:80
max size of message:1048576
uaprof:

if i have not typed anything next to it then leave it blank... exit the apn area and it should work if not then restart the phone and try it if it still does not work then retry this method over again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro