iPhone 5 battery drain issue

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 battery started draining very fast from yesterday. And today after a full charge I used it only for 15 mins or so but it shows like this. Any idea why? ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1390443347.103157.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing usage at 2 hours and battery at 87%.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

Actually that was my problem. I only used for 15 mins. But the phone shows it as 2 hours. Anyway I restarted the phone and reinstalled Viber which crashed couple times yesterday. Now it seem to be ok. Will update once it's fully ok.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I found so far. I usually on wifi 24/7. (Mobile data OFF). Because of the battery drain issue in the morning, I switched off wifi and recharge my phone to 100%. From 10am to 5pm it didn't drop a single percentage. It was 100% with couple of short calls and sms's. Then I switched on wifi and updates, tweets and notifications started flowing. Battery level started dropping. But again when the wifi signal is strong it doesn't affect much. So weak or unstable wifi is a battery killer. Same as weak carrier signal.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind the biggest or best answer to your question and problem is going to be HOW you use your phone mpre than anything else. Lots of notifications coming in from forum apps and Facebook or Twitter and the use of those same will drain a battery faster than anything.

Markiee

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys! I thought im encountering some issues on my battery life. Im new apple user here so excuse my ignorance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro