Since Tweetbot streams updates, would that have an effect on the battery?

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing the battery on my iPad mini isn't last much over 5 hours between full charges anymore, it used to last up to 8. The things I'm doing on it is checking my Twitter timelines using Tweetbot (a lot), playing games that are connected to Facebook (candy crush) and reading ebooks and surfing the web. Since Tweetbot streams updates to your timeline instead of you having to manually refresh, would that have any effect on battery life? I am on the app a lot during the day, probably my most used application so I was wondering if this is why my battery life seems to be going downhill.
Thanks for the help.
Bob

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
5 hours isnt normal for usage time on a iPad mini. That's horrible. I get typically between 10-13 hours of usage on a cellular retina model. When I had my 1st gen cellular, I averaged 10-11 hours of usage. I also have tweetbot on for streaming. That should not bother your battery. You might want to restore and set up as new or if you have a Apple store near, have the Genius Bar run a diagnostic. Your style of usage is very similar to mine.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought also, this battery drain started recently, I used to be able to go a couple of days before having to charge and my screen brightness was at its fullest. I do have an Apple Store near me so I'll set up an appointment to go see them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73