Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kch50428
  • 1 Post By pr1nce
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Question I lost my iPhone 4S in America at the end of my holidays in January 2012 . Lost all photos

Hi I lost my iPhone 4S in America at the end of my holidays in January 2012 . Lost all my awesome photos with celebs, VIPs ect.... The trip for month cost me $40,000aud and due to partying my memory is a bit hazey and would love the photos that I had, I know it's a big ask, thought its worth trying but... I haven't had an iPhone since so I'm not sure what's in my cloud. How would I go about finding out with out buying an iPhone.?

Global Posts
    11,439 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: I lost my iPhone 4S in America at the end of my holidays in January 2012 . Lost all photos

Log into your iCloud account via web browser on computer if you still remember the password... iCloud dot com...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default Re: I lost my iPhone 4S in America at the end of my holidays in January 2012 . Lost all photos

I think you can access your iCloud from a computer. Go to iCloud.com get the software if you don't already have it on your computer then log in. You can also log into photostream on an Apple TV if you have one. Now Apple says they only keep your photos up for 30 days but I have photos in my stream from 4 months ago and I'm at my 1000. So maybe Apple is just under promise and over deliver with the photostream and you could get lucky. Hope that helps and I hope others have more info one this also.

Global Posts
    19,463 Global Posts
    iOS Version

January 2012? Two years ago?

Global Posts
    11,439 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    January 2012? Two years ago?
    Oops... Missed that. OP is SOL.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    JustMe'D and iOS Gravity like this.

Global Posts
    13,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Really 2 years ago?? I suppose you can log into your iCloud account on your PC.

What??? 2012? Are you sure you didn't type the number of the year wrong? You could try downloading the iCloud control pannel if you has setup iCloud on the phone.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

"With great power, comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben

If they had iOS 7 on it, there would have been a chance at least.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by iOS Gravity View Post
    If they had iOS 7 on it, there would have been a chance at least.
    There was no iOS 7 in 2012.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Elite

Default I lost my iPhone 4S in America at the end of my holidays in January 2012 . Lo...

If this was in January 2012 then the newest iOS version would be iOS 5.0.1r1 for the 4S and photo stream was first included in iOS 6. iCloud might of backed up your photos but you won't know until you check iCloud.com on a PC or Mac.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    There was no iOS 7 in 2012.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.
    I know. I said that IF there was iOS 7 back then.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

iMore Nanite

Hi there I'm the one that started this post. Yes the year I typed was right, I'm in iCloud now on my PC but there are no photos at all, I might not of aloud apple to look at them in cloud but on the plus side found a lot of lost sexy Thai women's phone numbers in contacts for next time there :-p . I guess it was just wishful thinking, but it does suck not having any pics of that once in a lifetime holiday.

Global Posts
    13,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well ok. Memories.
    jmburke1982 likes this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by rezsta View Post
    Hi there I'm the one that started this post. Yes the year I typed was right, I'm in iCloud now on my PC but there are no photos at all, I might not of aloud apple to look at them in cloud but on the plus side found a lot of lost sexy Thai women's phone numbers in contacts for next time there :-p . I guess it was just wishful thinking, but it does suck not having any pics of that once in a lifetime holiday.
    iCloud pushes all your photos to the My Photo Stream album on your devices and computers, and manages them efficiently, so you don’t run out of storage space. Your iOS devices keep a rolling collection of your last 1000 photos in the My Photo Stream album. From there, you can browse your recent photos or move the ones you like to your Camera Roll or another album to keep them on your device forever. The photos you upload to My Photo Stream are stored in iCloud for 30 days to give your devices plenty of time to connect and download them.

You cannot see photos anywhere in iCloud.com.

Also, as with any device, timeliness of acting on a lost device is crucial. Two years is a eon for a lost phone. Wondering why it took 2 full years to recognize that you lost it...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Nanite

So are you saying I can't access them in this eon, coz I've been off chops for two years and until recently been good and just recently someone suggested. It.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by rezsta View Post
    Lets just say, the last time I was on the phone with Apple I realized, no one, at least no one you can call can see any info you'd care about. They can see "You have a backup with X number of photos" but not the actual photos, they can see "You have X number of contacts" but not actual contact info. They could also, depending on you getting the right one, and prove you're you, tell you if you have a backup in iCloud. You could then restore it to another iDevice just temporarily, and maybe get some stuff back.

Not sure if it's against the iMore Agreement to post this, but I'm not saying which side of the phone call I was on...