Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Homesharing on AppleTV

ok, received an AppleTV for Xmas and am enjoying it. However..... I am having problems with homesharing my iTunes acct. library between my AppleTV and my Macbook. For example. I purchased Riddick on my AppleTv and watched it but it does not show up in my iTunes library on my Macbook Pro therefore i do not have access to bonus material that came with the movie.Conversely, i rented At the World's End on my Macbook but it does not show up on "rentals" on my AppleTV. What can I do to ensure that whatever movie I buy will appear on all my Apple devices. I'm hesitant to buy any more movies if I won't have access to bonus materials.
    iMore Genius

20,830 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,711 Global Posts

Default Re: Homesharing on AppleTV

Purchased material on an AppleTV can be downloaded to computer/iTunes... under the iTunes Store, there should be a SmartList "Purchased on AppleTV"...

Or, you can go to your account in iTunes - under quick links - select Purchased... and you'll see categories - under 'Movies" - you can download from there...

Rentals... iTunes Store: Movie rental frequently asked questions (FAQ)

If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.