How does Bluetooth work on iPhone 4S

I

iMore Question

I have never used Bluetooth before. I would like to stream Pandora through Bluetooth into my car stereo. I will be renting a car next week and wonder what device I need to buy for my phone and how to stream Pandora. Thank you!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If the rental car's audio system can function as speakers via bluetooth - all you would need to do is pair the car to the phone.

danosweetie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I have never used Blue tooth so I do not know what device to buy to stream music. I would like to stream music to my own car as well.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same as above if your car has bluetooth. Just pair your phone to your car and if it is a built in hands free system you can stream from your phone. If not companies like Jabra make bluetooth hands free visor speakers that you can pair your phone to and stream or go through your radio.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify a little since you seem to be new at this...bluetooth sync really is just the general format of connecting the device to the car stereo, it really isn't specific to any one app, so you can pretty much use any app you want to play music and as long as the basic bluetooth connection is made to the car stereo, it'll play the music through the speakers.

Something important to make sure of though before you head out with your rental (that we did not make sure of before we left on our Cali road trip last year with a rental Mustang convertible)...make sure you GET a radio in the car that has bluetooth connectivity. Ours only had a wired connection, and we were a little shocked (but it worked out ok anyways).

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify a little since you seem to be new at this...bluetooth sync really is just the general format of connecting the device to the car stereo, it really isn't specific to any one app, so you can pretty much use any app you want to play music and as long as the basic bluetooth connection is made to the car stereo, it'll play the music through the speakers.

Something important to make sure of though before you head out with your rental (that we did not make sure of before we left on our Cali road trip last year with a rental Mustang convertible)...make sure you GET a radio in the car that has bluetooth connectivity. Ours only had a wired connection, and we were a little shocked (but it worked out ok anyways).
Nowadays that is pretty shocking that it would be hard wired and not bluetooth but like you said it worked out ok. You would just think today all car radios would be bluetooth. I know my cars built in system there is not much I can't do with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR