Need Advice on Email Service for my son

dbpowell

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Good evening to all
Recently have my 16 yr old son my Iphone5 and I upgrades to IPhone 5s. He has never used an email account in a smartphone nor on a laptop. So looking for one that will be easy for him to use and learn.
After setting up an ema account for him I will set him up on ICloud so that we can share calendars to help keep things straight.
Email account that I use is cooperate based so that one is out of the question for him. Thanks in advance.

dbpowell

May 18, 2013
Visit site
One more thought. I am almost positive that I will have to set him up a separate Apple ID and iCloud account. Any suggestions on things that need to be done. Thanks again.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can use the same AppleID for the AppStore and share purchases... and set up his own iCloud for email... either one of you can set up a calendar and share with the other easily too.

dbpowell

May 18, 2013
Visit site
How well do the other email services work with the iPhone ex. Gmail yahoo etc. or for him starting out is the iCloud ema the best option.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I think hotmail and gmail are the easiest to use. I think iCloud Mail is good but a little complex for beginners. I rarely use my iCloud Mail and I send at least 3 emails a day using my gmail because of its ease of use. In the end it's your choice. Good luck choosing. :)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Gmail is simple but if he's going to be using his iPhone he might as well use his iCloud email. That way he doesn't need 2 email accounts.

You are able to share your calendar with him.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2