Free AT&T Message: Your phone is now ready to go global...

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried searching the forums before asking this to ensure it's not a redundant question, but didn't see a thread.

I received an AT&T text saying that my phone is now ready to go global, etc....

What does this mean? I haven't changed my plan or anything.

My first thought is that they possibly unlocked my iPhone 5S, but I am not sure. I could call and ask but figure you guys knew the answer.

Thanks to any help!:)

Last edited:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
They may have unlocked your phone or they could be like T-Mobile and has made it possible for people to travel with their phone and not be charged with roaming charges.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
They may have unlocked your phone or they could be like T-Mobile and has made it possible for people to travel with their phone and not be charged with roaming charges.

Thanks for the response. If it has indeed been unlocked, would they send me an email or something? I could just restore via iTunes and see if it says unlocked but I'd hate to have to set everything back up if that's not the case. 😕

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. If it has indeed been unlocked, would they send me an email or something? I could just restore via iTunes and see if it says unlocked but I'd hate to have to set everything back up if that's not the case. ��

Don't want to worry you or anything but it also could be someone changed your plan and added international to it. I would highly recommend calling or at least check your account online to see if your calling plan and features have been altered in any way.

This happened to me when I had the OG iPhone where someone took me off the unlimited data (luckliy it was still available to switch back to) and found out someone hacked into my AT&T account.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I just called about the plan change and they confirmed that nothing has changed. That was my first instinct. My plan hasn't changed per the rep I just spoke with about 15 minutes ago. Thanks for the heads up. It's always good to check on that when a carrier sends free messages as such. ☺️