jailbreak

I

iMore Question

i would like to know what reasons there are for jailbreaking and what advantages/disadvantages

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A disadvantage is that you might mess with things you don't understand, even if people warn you against doing it, and then you'll come here and post a thread asking how you can get "X" back after you deleted one of the main file systems on the device (or worse). That, or you'll ask over and over again why certain tweaks don't work, failing to understand that the current jailbreak available is not as fluid as most of the ones we've seen in the past.

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Exactly what SeanHRCC stated, you have to be careful with what you change.

I, personally, wouldn't own an iDevice if it couldn't be jailbroken. Once done, you can pretty much do anything you want and from my understanding, it's a lot easier to restore an iDevice than it is to restore an Android.

I love the tweaks you can install and the way you can customize your iDevice to how you want it. You can go simple and just change the looks of the UI or you can get really intricate and change the overall functionality of it. Once jailbroken, it is basically at that point YOUR iDevice, not Apple's iDevice that they want you to have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77