Location of jailbreak settings icon

I

iMore Question

Hello, all.

I have a 5s and am doing a simple and, perhaps, unsophisticated reworking of wallpaper and theme. I am jailbroken and with iFile (I paid for it, I might add). I have been able to locate all the icons for the dock, etc. (Mail, phone, calendar, calculator) EXCEPT for the Settings file, and have changed the icons to suit my wishes. Does anyone know where the Settings file is (path and file name) where the Settings icon is located, so I can play with that one? I do not want to do the set up a theme route that I've read about; I just want to change a few, as I have already done by just renaming the existing icons and uploading the new ones (again, I am not pretending this is either the correct or reasonable way to do it; it is the way with which I have a comfort level and did it with my 4's), but this Settings folder with icon has eluded me for days. So, anyone know where to find that little sucker?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

LittleAdelheide

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
So, Ambassador, as I am redoing the icons in a lovely taupe, you are suggesting that I should go buy some taupe paint and paint over the icon on the Home Screen?

It seems I was not clear enough; most of the icons are located in their little files with this path: /var/stash/Applications/xxx (xxx for name of App, such as MobileSafari). I cannot find a path/filename for the location of the icon for Settings.

I'd really prefer not to paint on the gorilla glass; my gorilla gets very testy when you try to colorize him.

Let's try again!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's in the bundles folder: ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1389727949.857618.jpg
It's labeled preferences folder, the one on top. Place your new icon in there and name it correctly and it will theme

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There you go Smart A** it took someone smarter than me to give you the answer. Funny as you are I would have just got in trouble if I answer anything further. So that is why I answered the way I did. Thank you member.