How can I bypass the "iPhone is disabled" error?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't call my local Apple Store until 10pm, I have an urgent question. I'll make this short. Somehow, my very intelligent :no: girlfriend locked herself out of her iPhone and and now it keeps saying "iPhone is disabled, try again in 30 minutes". She tried a couple times and she told me she swears she entered the correct password, but it still wont go through. How do I fix this for her? Shes worried she is going to lose everything on the phone.

Thanks for the help.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't call my local Apple Store until 10pm, I have an urgent question. I'll make this short. Somehow, my very intelligent :no: girlfriend locked herself out of her iPhone and and now it keeps saying "iPhone is disabled, try again in 30 minutes". She tried a couple times and she told me she swears she entered the correct password, but it still wont go through. How do I fix this for her? Shes worried she is going to lose everything on the phone.

Thanks for the help.

Was a backup done for the phone recently? If not, she may lose everything. As far as I know, Apple can not help with passwords as they are not stored in a database, much like a bank does not store debit card PIN numbers for safety reasons and for liability purposes.

I know someone this had happened to, and they never backed up their phone so they had to restore as new and lost everything.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Connect it to iTunes, they'll ask for the PASSCODE and it should work. I don't see how someone can forget their PASSCODE all together, so that should work for her. Lol

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Connect it to iTunes, they'll ask for the PASSCODE and it should work. I don't see how someone can forget their PASSCODE all together, so that should work for her. Lol

I ended up talking to AppleCare, the rep said this has been an issue for a while. He said that if you set up a lock pass during the initial setup, sometimes it forgets the password you originally set. He said you you should go through set up, ignore the password setup at first and finish the setup of your iPhone. Once your done, he said you then go back into settings a create a password.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73