iPhone 5 - Deleting Photo albums

I

iMore Question

In my photo section of the iPhone 5 I have several albums of photos but do not know how to delete them.
any suggestions?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
When in album view select EDIT on the top right of the screen then you will see minus in red bubbles next to the albums you created you tap on them to delete

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to tap edit in the upper right hand corner and a minus sign and red circle appear. Tap that and delete should appear on the right side just tap delete.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The above will work, unless they are:

1) albums synced through iTunes, in which case you'll need to unsync them to stop them from returning every time you connect your phone, or

2) albums generated by apps like Instagram or Snapseed to save their edited photos. Some of these apps do allow you to fully disable this "feature" (which to me is a giant pain in the *ss, but to each their own), in which case you can periodically go in and delete the contents or decide to find a different app that does similar work but without creating its own album.

Dana Chauncey

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to delete photos from my iPhone 5s this way, and others for several days now. They repopulated after I synched to get my music from computer onto iPhone and now I can not delete them at all.

Can't delete them individually. Can't delete them by going to albums, select, delete. I can select them but then the delete button doesn't work???

When it repopulated it even added photos that were taken with camera, not the iPhone, so now I have no room for much of anything else. I have all the pics on computer and don't need all of them on my phone. Actually would like to be able to use phone for taking new pics when I am out, but first have to get rid of the ones on there that can't be deleted.

Suggestions???

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Open iTunes, connect your phone, tap on the Photos tab, disable syncing some folders or disable syncing photos at once. That last one is up to you

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When in album view select EDIT on the top right of the screen then you will see minus in red bubbles next to the albums you created you tap on them to delete

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

You should be able to tap edit in the upper right hand corner and a minus sign and red circle appear. Tap that and delete should appear on the right side just tap delete.
There goes that crazy echo again...LOL Just kidding fellas!!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The above will work, unless they are:

1) albums synced through iTunes, in which case you'll need to unsync them to stop them from returning every time you connect your phone, or

2) albums generated by apps like Instagram or Snapseed to save their edited photos. Some of these apps do allow you to fully disable this "feature" (which to me is a giant pain in the *ss, but to each their own), in which case you can periodically go in and delete the contents or decide to find a different app that does similar work but without creating its own album.
To add so you know what Massie is talking about is to simply go to the top where Pictures are and deselect the album and that weay next time you do any syncing in iTunes they wont come back much like deleting an app from iTunes and it will go away from your phone or you can delete from your phone but same principal - has to be done in iTunes as well.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to delete photos from my iPhone 5s this way, and others for several days now. They repopulated after I synched to get my music from computer onto iPhone and now I can not delete them at all.

Can't delete them individually. Can't delete them by going to albums, select, delete. I can select them but then the delete button doesn't work???

When it repopulated it even added photos that were taken with camera, not the iPhone, so now I have no room for much of anything else. I have all the pics on computer and don't need all of them on my phone. Actually would like to be able to use phone for taking new pics when I am out, but first have to get rid of the ones on there that can't be deleted.

Suggestions???
See my post I already replied to:

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/276493-iphone-5-deleting-photo-albums.html#post2237850

cafrench

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem that all the photos from my computer automatically download to my iPhone every time I sync, and I can't seem to find a way to stop it from doing that AND I can't delete the photos once they are on my iPhone.

In ITunes on my PC, there is no photos tab. Anyone else having that trouble? I also can't find a place to manage my sync from my phone or PC.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem that all the photos from my computer automatically download to my iPhone every time I sync, and I can't seem to find a way to stop it from doing that AND I can't delete the photos once they are on my iPhone.

In ITunes on my PC, there is no photos tab. Anyone else having that trouble? I also can't find a place to manage my sync from my phone or PC.

Check out the info via the following link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen