Ipad 1 wont turn on

I

iMore Question

I have an old ipad 1 which I found in my house after a long time and it just wont turn on, I've been charging it for 5hours+, it wont connect to iTunes aswell. I have tried holding the home and wake button and still no avail. Please help. The only thing that happens is when I hold the two buttons while it's charging the "connect to iTunes" screen comes up but disappears as soon as I take it out from charge and attempt to plug it into my computer.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Source: DFU Mode - The iPhone Wiki

1. Plug your device into your computer.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
  4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
  5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
  6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode
Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an old ipad 1 which I found in my house after a long time and it just wont turn on, I've been charging it for 5hours+, it wont connect to iTunes aswell. I have tried holding the home and wake button and still no avail. Please help. The only thing that happens is when I hold the two buttons while it's charging the "connect to iTunes" screen comes up but disappears as soon as I take it out from charge and attempt to plug it into my computer.

Sounds like the battery is toast. The wall charger is supplying enough power to run the iPad, but the battery doesn’t appear to be taking charge. The power output on the charger is 10 or 12 watts (2.0 or 2.1 amps). The problem is that your computer's USB ports are only putting out 5W (1A) - which is not enough to power or charge your iPad's battery.