Iphone 5 stuck with plug into itunes icon on screen and get unknown error 3 during restore.
This phone is 2 months old..was getting kicked off cellular network but all other aspects of phone working just fine. Contacted apple warranty support was told to restore phone to see if this would fix problem. Did backup on icloud...then proceeded with restore. Went through the process of restore and got to the point of installing firmware verification in the process and would not continue restore. Get unknown error code 3...phone screen only shows plug into iTunes and will go no further. This is not a jailbroke phone. Any suggestions? what is error code 3?
- 01-09-2014, 07:23 PM #2
Re: Iphone 5 stuck with plug into itunes icon on screen and get unknown error 3 during restore.
2. Put your device in DFU Mode.
3. Connect the device to your computer and initiate the iTunes app.
4. When iTunes recognizes the device, it will state that the device is in recovery and prompt you to restore & update.
5. Select to restore.
iTunes will download and install a fresh install of the latest iOS version. When it is finished, select the language and continue setting it up as a new device. DO NOT RESTORE FROM A BACKUP! After you've gotten your home screen set up, monitor your device and see if it gets kicked off cellular network like before. If not, go ahead and continue setting up your device. If it does, make an appointment with the nearest Apple Store to get it replaced.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 17Last Post: 01-09-2016, 05:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-04-2015, 07:56 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-10-2014, 08:48 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2014, 03:20 PM
- By tol8u in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2014, 03:12 PM