Restoring iPhone 4s 5.1.1 - "erase all" after jail break issue
I have iPhone 4s running 5.1.1. First it was jailbroken with absinthe 2.0.4 and worked fine, second it got reset using "Erase All Content and Settings". Now Cydia icon is still there, however it wont open. Attemping to re-jail break it gives me "ERROR: Device already jailbroken! Detected untether." Secondary jailbreaking with redsn0w didnt help. I've also tried to reinstall Cydial using ifunbox2014 and Cydia deb files, however it doesnt work. So now I am stuck.
How can I do either one of these:
01. Fix Cydia, so prone is fully jailbroken again?
02. Restore iPhone to fresh 5.1.1 (I dont have any blobs, and seems like iFaith doesnt support 4s) so I can jailbreak it again?
- 01-09-2014, 08:44 AM #2iMore Beginner
- 80 Posts
Re: Restoring iPhone 4s 5.1.1 - "erase all" after jail break issue
The "erase all content and settings" is something that, as far as I know, is something you should never use unless the next step with the phone is a complete factory restore.
Once this is done, I believe your only option to get up and running again is do restore to iOS 7.0.4 and if you must be jailbroken, jailbreak with evasi0n7 1.0.2.
- By jmendel33 in forum AccessoriesReplies: 30Last Post: 01-17-2014, 05:58 PM
- By risingofthephoenix in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-11-2014, 12:51 PM
- By asifzar in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2014, 10:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-08-2014, 08:00 PM