EPUB TOC problem?? HELP

I

iMore Question

I've been trying to upload this book onto ibooks and I keep getting a ticket stating I need a functional table of contents. Every time I try and call customer support I simply can't get a straight answer.

It is a PDF converted to EPUB through iTunes Producer.. it gets approved and accepted with the green check mark every time, then they come back with errors weeks later.

Here is the latest email:

" I understand that you have difficulty in addressing the ticketed issue related to the Functional Table of Contents.
While our team is unable to assist in specific 'how to' information related to the coding of your EPUB 2, I'd like to provide you with some resources that may assist you or your team in correcting the issue.
For EPUB 2, the .ncx file contains the the table of contents and is typically named ?toc.ncx.? The navMap in the .ncx file is used to create the table of contents in iBooks and provides a direct navigational link to the appropriate sections of the book. This is the part of your file that is being ticketed with inaccurate information. The information in the toc.ncx does not match the book's contents.
I would recommend consulting with your peers on the iBooks Forums, or following up with Adobe InDesign support for assistance in correcting the EPUB file."

what is a.ncx file??? I don't code, so I really am so lost.

Can anyone help me???

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2