Changing phone number used for iMessage on iPad

I

iMore Question

I would like to change the phone number that iMessage looks at -- We were monitoring our son's texts, now we want to change that to monitor daughter's texts (ideally we would like to monitor both but it looks like iMessage will take multiple email addresses but only one phone number).

Nothing in settings allows me to change the phone number and I can't figure out how to do so in iTunes

Help!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I usually in answering a question don't pry but are your kids teens and a reason you found it needed to do this? That can I am sure you know be pretty bad between kids and parents. Having said that I can't think of anything to tell you other than to give you this link as a start from the Apple website that might give you a start on what you might be able to do and also give you time to think about all thins. Good luck in what you decide.

Apple - Support - Search

EDIT:
Let me ask you this since I reread your question.... Are you trying to change the number for the iPad that he is using meaning is the iPad a WIFI and cellular usage with a phone number? Do you want to change it to your number so you receive the texts assuming you are using an IOS device? That i can tell you but i would like to hope someone else sees this and chimes in on what they think. I might contact someone to look in on this post.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to change the phone number that iMessage looks at -- We were monitoring our son's texts, now we want to change that to monitor daughter's texts (ideally we would like to monitor both but it looks like iMessage will take multiple email addresses but only one phone number).

Nothing in settings allows me to change the phone number and I can't figure out how to do so in iTunes

Help!

Monitoring both simultaneously is out of the question, at least with a single device. Let's say you had an iMessage compatible Mac and an iPad. What you could do is configure one of the device's with the your son's Apple ID and the other with your daughter's. The phone number for both "should" appear on those devices as an option to send & receive iMessages from. Note: whatever you type will be seen on their devices. Disclaimer: Stalking is a crime punishable by law so if your intent to monitor has nothing to do with your kids, you've been warned...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think like JustMe'D Said as a warning we should let this one go. Giving this advice can be on the verge of dangerous to us and should not be involved. I say this with all due respect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77