Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default In the Contacts app, how do I delete an entry from the Custom Label List (iOS 7.0.4)?

Hi - I have 2 questions please: On my iPhone 5c (IOS 7.0.4), how do I delete an entry from the Custom Label List and is there another way to get into the Custom Label List besides "Add a phone"? Thanks!

Default re: In the Contacts app, how do I delete an entry from the Custom Label List (iOS 7.0.4)?

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Hi - I have 2 questions please: On my iPhone 5c (IOS 7.0.4), how do I delete an entry from the Custom Label List
    Unless I'm mistaken, you can't...At least not without a third-party app. Read the discussion HERE
    and is there another way to get into the Custom Label List besides "Add a phone"? Thanks!
    No...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: In the Contacts app, how do I delete an entry from the Custom Label List (iOS 7.0.4)?

I am not sure what you are talking about as a custom label list in the contacts app? I have looked through it and cannot find what you are referring to but having said that, Is there not and edit button where when you hit it you can then remove info in a field or just scroll to the bottom why you can then delete the contact? Please forgive me since I don't know where this custom label list to help you properly.

Default Re: In the Contacts app, how do I delete an entry from the Custom Label List (iOS 7.0.4)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I am not sure what you are talking about as a custom label list in the contacts app? I have looked through it and cannot find what you are referring to
    In the Contacts app, tap on the + sign in the upper right corner. Tap on "Add Phone". Tap on the - sign with the red background. Now scroll down to see "Add Custom Label".
    but having said that, Is there not and edit button where when you hit it you can then remove info in a field or just scroll to the bottom why you can then delete the contact? Please forgive me since I don't know where this custom label list to help you properly.
    No sir. There is no way to remove it within the app itself.
    iMore Nanite

Hi, I have an IOS 8.4.1 on my iphone 6. First go to the custom label that u want to delete through 'add a contact' ( the + sign on the top right and then to the custom label) and hold down the label for few seconds & swipe left the label that u want to delete. A delete button (Red) will appear. And simply delete the label. This applies to other labels as well.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I am not sure what you are talking about as a custom label list in the contacts app? I have looked through it and cannot find what you are referring to but having said that, Is there not and edit button where when you hit it you can then remove info in a field or just scroll to the bottom why you can then delete the contact? Please forgive me since I don't know where this custom label list to help you properly.
    iMore Nanite

Thanks for the info that actually is a solution for the question. Finally someone with a solution, rather than just taking up space with nothing related to say. Like this response.

Default Delete a Custom Label from list

When you get to the LABEL's list, there is an "EDIT" button at the RIGHT TOP CORNER of the phone.

Clicking on it will display a "RED MINUS SIGN" to all the custom labels.

Click the sign next to the LABEL and the entry is deleted.

Default Re: Delete a Custom Label from list

I use iPhone 6+ with IOS 10.2