In the Contacts app, how do I delete an entry from the Custom Label List (iOS 7.0.4)?

I

iMore Question

Hi - I have 2 questions please: On my iPhone 5c (IOS 7.0.4), how do I delete an entry from the Custom Label List and is there another way to get into the Custom Label List besides "Add a phone"? Thanks!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what you are talking about as a custom label list in the contacts app? I have looked through it and cannot find what you are referring to but having said that, Is there not and edit button where when you hit it you can then remove info in a field or just scroll to the bottom why you can then delete the contact? Please forgive me since I don't know where this custom label list to help you properly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what you are talking about as a custom label list in the contacts app? I have looked through it and cannot find what you are referring to
In the Contacts app, tap on the + sign in the upper right corner. Tap on "Add Phone". Tap on the - sign with the red background. Now scroll down to see "Add Custom Label".
but having said that, Is there not and edit button where when you hit it you can then remove info in a field or just scroll to the bottom why you can then delete the contact? Please forgive me since I don't know where this custom label list to help you properly.
No sir. There is no way to remove it within the app itself.

Suresh Kurup

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have an IOS 8.4.1 on my iphone 6. First go to the custom label that u want to delete through 'add a contact' ( the + sign on the top right and then to the custom label) and hold down the label for few seconds & swipe left the label that u want to delete. A delete button (Red) will appear. And simply delete the label. This applies to other labels as well.

hindallas

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure what you are talking about as a custom label list in the contacts app? I have looked through it and cannot find what you are referring to but having said that, Is there not and edit button where when you hit it you can then remove info in a field or just scroll to the bottom why you can then delete the contact? Please forgive me since I don't know where this custom label list to help you properly.

hindallas

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info that actually is a solution for the question. Finally someone with a solution, rather than just taking up space with nothing related to say. Like this response.

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Delete a Custom Label from list

When you get to the LABEL's list, there is an "EDIT" button at the RIGHT TOP CORNER of the phone.

Clicking on it will display a "RED MINUS SIGN" to all the custom labels.

Click the sign next to the LABEL and the entry is deleted.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner