NFC Ring

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I was excited about the NFC Ring concept and paid to support it via KickStart. Long story short, the rings are now being shipped -- yippie :kiss:
Trouble is, the ring will work only with Android devices because, according to the NFC Ring's chief, "Apple does not support this concept." For real?

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was excited about the NFC Ring concept and paid to support it via KickStart. Long story short, the rings are now being shipped -- yippie :kiss:
Trouble is, the ring will work only with Android devices because, according to the NFC Ring's chief, "Apple does not support this concept." For real?

Yes, for real. It's still an infant stage technology and a niche (but growing) demand for smart devices. Apple hasn't seen fit to include it, my guess as to why? Probably because it's not that widely adapted for legitimate usages yet (widely has a very specific definition here, meaning LARGELY), and the security risks within NFC technology is not yet up to snuff with their requirements for security basics. We've discussed NFC ad nauseam here, we understand that there are people who find it incredibly useful, and everyone agrees that eventually it will probably find it's way to the iPhone...it's just not time for it yet (as made clear because it's not on the device yet).

Anyways...if you find it that necessary, go buy an Android device so you can enjoy your "ring", lol.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Wow, that looks like a pretty cool product

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2