Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default ipad 2 keeps crashing

I have had my ipad 2 for two years now and it recently started crashing for no apparent reason. I would charge it up and restart it manually then only after leaving it for a while i would try and use it again only for it to crash as soon as i would put the password in. I tried plugging it into my computer and connecting it to my itunes but itunes would not recognize that it was plugged in so i could not do anything about restarting it through itunes. Is there anything i can do or should i just contact apple and see what they can do?

Default Re: ipad 2 keeps crashing

Can you restore it from device? You will lose stuff but I assume you have things backed up. Settings general reset and reset all content and settings
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: ipad 2 keeps crashing

More than likely Apple would not be much help if this iPad appears that it is out of warranty and it might be a good idea to try what was offered to you on the first bit of advice by wiping it manually which as you were told to do it would place it like you just took it out of the box, Try plugging into iTunes after you perform this and see what you can do from there to set up as new. Good luck to you and let us know.