How can I put shows on my iPad w/out buying them from iTunes?

paulae17

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello all
Can anyone help me I got my 4 year old daughter a iPad mini for Xmas she likes watching cartoons on you tube I wanted to put some onto her iPad for her but don't know how you do this without buying them from iTunes which would cost me a lot of money can someone please tell me how I can put cartoons on it for her also where would be the best free website to download them from

Thank you xxx

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Use iTunes. There are free episodes in there.

If you have Cartoon Network on your cable TV subscription, then you can likely use the free Cartoon Network app to watch shows.

paulae17

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for getting back I wanted to also download some Disney films for as we will be going away soon so she can watch her bits on iPad

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you already own things on DVD, you can use Handbreak or one of many similar programs to make an iPad compatible digital copy - legally - to use on your iPad by simply adding the digital copy to your iTunes library and syncing normally.

If you're seeking to download digital copies of material you don't otherwise own... Search Google... piracy is not condoned here, nor is it supported. You're on your own.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why if you found cartoons even Disney on You Tube and you got a program from Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com which allows you to legally download the videos and save them to your computer, You can then add them to iTunes and sync them to your iPad.

I would not see where the word piracy would come into play here if this is all you do. The rest I can understand when you don't own it but if you get it off You Tube where they constantly monitor content I believe you would be ok. Hope this makes sense and give it a try. Thank you and good luck.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why if you found cartoons even Disney on You Tube and you got a program from Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com which allows you to legally download the videos and save them to your computer, You can then add them to iTunes and sync them to your iPad.

I would not see where the word piracy would come into play here if this is all you do. The rest I can understand when you don't own it but if you get it off You Tube where they constantly monitor content I believe you would be ok. Hope this makes sense and give it a try. Thank you and good luck.

Piracy comes into play because content posted on YouTube is often copyright in and of itself, or is there in violation of copyrights... And downloading and saving copyright material is something iMore does not condone, or support.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If I post a video on YouTube, that does not permit a user or viewer to download the video for their own use. I own the copyright. By posting, I am allowing the user to VIEW the video on YouTube. Just because there is software that allows one to download videos from YouTube, doesn't make that legal. The same would apply to any other video on YouTube unless express permission is given ... I would imagine.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If you have a laptop with a CD player build in just follow the advice above but to add an easier step download http://www.dotheweb.net/tag/dvd-to-pre/

This program will copy your DVDs to the right format and tablet screen size just drop it in iTunes and drag it over to your iPad

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73