Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default i Message

Out of nowhere, I am having issues with my iMessage. I have entered my Apple ID to activate iMessage to my husband and I keep getting a red exclamation point and it says "not delivered". Before that happened, the text bubbles changed from blue to green. I have turned my phone on and off several times thinking that will re-set my phone. Please help!

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Default Re: i Message

Typically a red exclamation point or a reversion to normal text messaging (green bubble) is a sign of network difficulty...either you're in an area where the network is not supportive of the iMessage feature, or the iMessage server is having a problem itself (this happens occasionally, but is usually reflected on forums with multiple reports of it...and I can say that today, I have had zero issues with iMessage).

You can try resetting your network settings to see if this fixes any issues with cellular connections (this will also reset your WiFi network settings as well, so be aware of that). If the issue continues in areas where you know you have solid connectivity...it may be time to restore your iPhone via iTunes (make sure you have a decent back up before doing this).

If all else fails, take it to Apple and let them replace it (or if it's out of warranty, at least look at it to see if there's any obvious answer for you to consider repair for).

Although the Apple Systems Status Page is showing problems with iCloud Mail, there could also be underlying issues with iMessage on their end.

2,231 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,103 Global Posts

...hopefully this is resolved now. The status on the status website shows everything is 'normal'.