iPhone 5 Screen Busted, cannot restore or backup without entering unlock code

I

iMore Question

I've tried putting it in restore mode and reverting to ios6.1.4. It gets to the end, then says it can't for this device. Any ideas? I'm sending it back tomorrow and would like to at least wipe it, if not back it up for my replacement. The screen is busted and I can't see anything.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If the screen is being replaced (which it will be if taken to Apple), you don't have to worry about any of this...because it won't be updated or anything when the screen is repaired. Apple has recently started to repair all broken screens vs. replacing them in store...so you kind of lucked out there.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The OP mentions he is sending it back? To Apple? So are they going to repair the screen and send it back to him? The reason he wanted to wipe it or back it up is because he mentions he is getting a replacement.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The OP mentions he is sending it back? To Apple? So are they going to repair the screen and send it back to him? The reason he wanted to wipe it or back it up is because he mentions he is getting a replacement.

From what I understand, all iPhone 5S screens are repaired instead of full device replacement...whether that applies specifically to in store services is something I dunno, but would be interested to know from someone who does know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73