Activating used AT&T iPhone 5S with R-SIM
I'm planning to buy a used AT&T iPhone 5S. The guy who is going to sell it to me says he's using a Gevey card (I suspect it's probably an R-SIM) to use it with a different carrier. I will use the phone down in Mexico with Telcel, and he says it should work perfectly. Should I expect any problems? Am I going to be able to actívate the phone even though I don't have an AT&T account? I've seen posts and videos regarding the R-SIMs and I know they seem to work, but I don't want to run into any surprises, like not being able to activate it, etc.
I don't know a thing about iPhones, so I hope you can help me.
- 12-31-2013, 12:23 AM #2
Re: Activating used AT&T iPhone 5S with R-SIM
Hello and welcome to iMore! When it comes to R-SIM's it really can be a mixed bag. There are many posts out there stating that people have been having problems with R-SIM's functioning correctly. IMO you would be better off looking for a unlocked device to take with you to Mexico.
- 01-01-2014, 06:19 PM #4
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2013, 01:08 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2013, 08:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 12-30-2013, 07:39 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2013, 07:27 PM
- By Fred Higgerson in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2013, 07:09 PM